Drumstick pods, leaves, flowers even the whole tree is nothing less than a boon given by nature. These legumes provide relief from pain on the one hand, while on the other hand they are also considered beneficial for muscle building aspirants. BP and heart patients are also advised to drink soup of drumstick pods and eat it as a vegetable made of flowers and leaves. However, the merits of drumsticks do not end there only.
You will be surprised to know that drumstick is also very beneficial for skin and hair. Its use gives you great results. Drumstick is used as a hair mask, scrub and face mask, which you can make yourself at home. If you use it regularly, you will see the difference clearly.
Benefits of drumstick
- The oil extracted from drumstick seeds is rich in vitamins A, C and E. Which gives new shine to both hair and skin.
- The antioxidants present in drumstick protect the skin from free radicals and keep it young.
- Drumstick is also a rich source of folic acid and amino acids which keep both hair and skin hydrated.
- Drumstick is also effective for glowing dull skin because it contains more vitamin C than oranges.
- You can use it by making different types of drumstick masks or pastes.
- Drumstick leaves will be needed to make a hair mask. You can dry them and make them into powder. Or, whenever you want to make a mask, you can pluck fresh leaves and make a paste out of them.
- Apart from this, curd and amla powder will be required. You can mix the powder of drumstick leaves in curd or add a paste of the leaves. Later add amla powder also.
- Massage it gently into the scalp. Wash hair after half an hour.
- This mask will increase hair growth and hydrate the scalp.
The seed oil present inside drumstick pods is also very beneficial for the skin. This oil can also be applied on the hair. Those people whose skin is very dry, they can apply oil of drumstick seeds every night. But it is better to wash it before sleeping. Drumstick oil can also be applied on chapped lips.
- Mix the powder of drumstick leaves with the powder of oats.
- Prepare a scrub of both by mixing rose water.
- Scrubbing with this powder on the rest of the face, leaving the eye area.
- This scrub can be used for both dull and sensitive skin. If you want, it can also be scrubbed by applying it like a pack on the whole body.
Drumstick face mask
- To make a face mask, mix drumstick powder in multani mitti paste. If you want, you can also add aloe vera gel to it.
- Apply it on the face and wait for some time. Then wash the face with light hands.
- The closed pores of the skin will be opened with this paste. Also the skin will glow.
(Disclaimer: This article is for general information only. It cannot in any way be a substitute for any medicine or treatment. Always contact your doctor for more details.)